CPP20212 Certificate II in Security Operations is now available online with practical classroom sessions available.
Limited time only.
If you are looking to gain a security license in 2019 but are not eligible for Government Funding , this is the ideal course to undertake.
The CPP20212 Certificate II in Security is the minimum requirement to apply for your Unarmed Queensland security licence. This course will allow participants to apply for their Unarmed Queensland Security licence with Crowd Control upon completion. This course consists of online learning materials with online written assessments. Once completed each course participant is required to book into the College for practical assessments including defensive tactics, using radios etc, conducting patrols, role plays and scenario based training. Each Participant has six months to complete the course.
Before booking please ensure you have read our terms and conditions.
In order for participants to apply for a Queensland Security licence they must meet the below criteria:
- Must be 18 years of age at the time of applying for their security licence
- Must have basic English language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) skills. (You will be required to complete an LLN Assessment prior to commencing enrolment in this course).
- You will also need to complete a criminal history check as part of the licence application process
- Be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold the appropriate Visa to work within the Security Industry in QLD.
- For more information on the licence application process, please contact our office or see the Office of Fair Trading’s website
Please do not enrol in this course if you are an international student as we are not CRICOS registered and the Office of Fair Trading will not process your license application.
HLTAID003 Provide First Aid is also required to apply for a license. First Aid is not included in the course price and if required will cost an additional $69.
Units of Competence in this course are as follows:
CPPSEC2001A Communicate effectively in the security industry
CPPSEC2002A Follow workplace safety procedures in the security industry
CPPSEC2003B Work effectively in the security industry
CPPSEC2004B Respond to security risk situation
CPPSEC2005A Work as part of a security team
CPPSEC2006B Provide security services to clients
CPPSEC2011B Control exits to and exits from premises
CPPSEC2012A Monitor and control individual and crowd behaviour
CPPSEC2014A Operate basic security equipment
CPPSEC2015A Patrol premises
HLTAID003 Provide first aid
CPPSEC3013A Control persons using empty hand techniques