This unit of competency has been approved by Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) who have deemed it to satisfy all requirements for first aid, anaphylaxis management and emergency asthma training under the Education and Care Services National Law, and the Education and Care Services National Regulations (2011).
This course is suitable for anyone working in long day care, family day care, preschool and outside of school hours (OOSH) care services.
Price $169 payable on booking.
Courses are available at both Southport and Tweed Heads.
Next available dates:
Southport : 26 July
Tweed Heads : 9 August
Please book early as our classes fill quickly
We are a registered training organisation #40816 with this unit of competency on our scope of registration and are authorised to deliver this course Australia-wide.
Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting HLTAID004
- CPR techniques on adults, children and infants
- Incident reporting in a child care setting
- Child physiology
- How to properly assess an emergency situation
- Using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- First aid procedures for bleeding, burns and fractures
- Managing medical conditions such as epilepsy
- Managing medical emergencies such as snake/spider bites, poisons and
- Infection control procedures
- Managing exposure to extreme temperatures
- Administering first aid for eye & soft tissue injuries
- Assessing and moving sick & injured
- Legal responsibilities of a first aider
- Basic anatomy
- Managing shock
- and more
1-day course with 4 Units of Competency from the new HLT Health Training Package recorded on your Statement of Attainment issued the same day:
HLTAID001 Provide CPR
HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support
HLTAID003 Provide first aid
HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting