Special Price $129.00
To book please call us on 07 5528 3591, or book online here using our Survey Monkey Booking system.
This unit of competency has been approved by Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) who have deemed it to satisfy all requirements for first aid, anaphylaxis management and emergency asthma training under the Education and Care Services National Law, and the Education and Care Services National Regulations (2011).
This course is suitable for anyone working in long day care, family day care, preschool and outside of school hours (OOSH) care services.
We are a registered training organisation #40816 with this unit of competency on our scope of registration and are authorised to deliver this course Australia-wide.
Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting HLTAID004
- CPR techniques on adults, children and infants
- Incident reporting in a child care setting
- Child physiology
- How to properly assess an emergency situation
- Using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- First aid procedures for bleeding, burns and fractures
- Managing medical conditions such as epilepsy
- Managing medical emergencies such as snake/spider bites, poisons and
- Infection control procedures
- Managing exposure to extreme temperatures
- Administering first aid for eye & soft tissue injuries
- Assessing and moving sick & injured
- Legal responsibilities of a first aider
- Basic anatomy
- Managing shock
- and more
1-day course with 4 Units of Competency from the new HLT Health Training Package recorded on your Statement of Attainment issued the same day:
HLTAID001 Provide CPR
HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support
HLTAID003 Provide first aid
HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
Our course is flexible in delivery and comprises a pre-course online component followed by our 1 day in-class practical course.
Pre-study takes on average 2-3 hours. You will be provided with your login upon confirmation of enrolment. Please register a minimum 2 weeks prior to the course commencement date to ensure enough time to complete the online component. The online component must be completed prior to the practical day.
Our first aid classes run at our Southport Training Room from 8:30 am to 4:30pm.
Our address is Level 1, at 55 Nerang Street Southport.
We run classes once or twice a month. Please book early as these courses fill very quickly.
Course costs is $129 which includes online component and 1-day overview and practical.
Upon completion of your survey monkey we will invoice you directly for your course.