Nationally recognised training for just $99 per person. Bookings must be paid in advance made using the Book Now Button below.
No refunds on this offer and any reschedules will require a medical certificate. Enrolment forms will be provided once full payment has been received. Includes CPR and Senior First Aid.
Save even more with our $49 Groupon Offer Click Here to view details and purchase >>>>>
The Gold Coast Training College provides nationally recognised First Aid training.
This unit of competency HLTAID003 Provide First Aid describes the skills and knowledge required to provide first aid response, life support, management of casualty(s), the incident and other first aiders, until the arrival of medical or other assistance. This course incorporates CPR as a component.
The Importance of First Aid Training
Regardless of industry or occupation, having the ability to administer first aid in an emergency situation is a vital asset, especially in more remote areas where emergency service times can be more protracted, placing the victim in far greater danger. In Australia, all businesses are required by law to have at least one qualified first aid practitioner onsite, with that number varying depending on the perceived risk associated with the work environment and the number of employees present at the premises.
Medical emergencies aren’t just confined to the workplace, they can occur anywhere at any time. The family home is one such place, especially when newborns and toddlers are present. Being confronted with an emergency situation can be a terrifying experience, but with adequate first aid training, that overwhelming sense of shock, horror and helplessness will be alleviated. At the Gold Coast Training College, all graduates of our First Aid courses acquire the ability to handle all major emergency situations.
Length of Validity
Your first aid certificate is valid for 3 years and the Australian Resuscitation Council recommends that you attend a resuscitation refresher course every 12 months.
What to Bring
When attending a First Aid Course (Level 2), please bring writing paper and pen.
Upon successful completion of the First Aid Course (Level 2), all participants will possess the necessary skills and knowledge to perform the following tasks with a degree of confidence and efficiency:
- Assess an emergency situation;
- Maintain the airway, breathing and circulation of an unconscious casualty;
- Administer First Aid for Minor Wounds & Apply Infection Control Procedures;
- Manage a casualty with external bleeding;
- Manage a casualty suffering from shock;
- Administer First Aid for Burns & Electric Shock;
- Administer First Aid for Eye & Soft Tissue Injuries;
- Manage a casualty suffering Near Drowning/Drowning;
- Manage a casualty suffering Head / Chest / Abdominal Injuries;
- Manage a casualty suffering Extremes of Temperature;
- Administer First Aid for Venomous Bites & Stings and Allergic Reactions;
- Administer First Aid for Spinal Injuries & Fractures;
- Determine Principles for the Assessment and Movement of the Sick & Injured & First Aid Recording Requirements;
- Explain the legal and social responsibilities of a first aider;
- Determine first aid facilities and training requirements.
You will be assessed at the end of the first aid course to show your instructor that you possess a sufficient understanding of the procedures necessary to manage a variety of life-threatening situations.
Assessment will consist of:
- Theory Assessment
- Practical Demonstrations
All students are required to demonstrate their competency in each section to qualify for a first aid certificate.
Facilities & Equipment:
Each participant will be provided with all of the intellectual materials required to study all modules. Each program is supplemented by high quality Teaching Aids to assist with the theory and practical training modules such as CPR manikins, Bandages, Visual Aids, Handouts and more, where appropriate.